Monday, August 16, 2010

My Nonfiction Literary History

All But My Life by Gerda Weissmann Klein "Just after having lost her husband, Aunt Anna saw her nineteen-year-old son taken away. The men were lined up, and every tenth one was shot."
This showed me that during the Holocaust, things went from bad to worse, and there was no happiness at all.


Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank "I wander from room to room, climb up and down the stairs and feel like a songbird whose wings have been ripped off and who keeps hurling itself against the bars of its dark cage. 'Let me out, where there's fresh air and laughter!' a voice within me cries."

Universe in a Nutshell. "We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."



No comments:

Post a Comment